Sep 30, 2019
Ken Lazarus is CEO of Scout Exchange. Having co-founded, led and advised over a dozen technology-based startups, he has over twenty-five years of experience growing innovative companies. Ken is passionately focused on using the power of data, marketplace dynamics, and technologies such as machine learning to disrupt and improve how companies find and hire the best talent.
Prior to joining Scout in 2013, he served as CEO of Lilliputian Systems, where he led the development of Lilliputian’s portable power product platform, secured international aircraft regulatory approval, raised significant capital from blue chip investors and signed important strategic distribution and manufacturing agreements, including a landmark partnership with Intel Corporation (NASD: INTL).
1. As a company, how do you recognize where in your process an AI recruiting solution would be beneficial?
2. How does AI in recruiting affect the candidate experience?
3. It’s important that humans still drive the process of attracting passive candidates. Is there a way that AI can in fact assist recruiters with the challenge?
4. There are quite a few ways that AI can assist in screening; how can you effectively measure if these are working? For example, how do you know if a chat bot is providing helpful (and specific enough) answers?
5. Human interaction has always been key to forming relationships between third party recruiters and hiring companies. The idea of a recruitment marketplace somewhat removes this interaction. How can both parties ensure the right candidates are sourced and submitted without this?
6. With some recruiters worried that AI is coming for their jobs, how do you suggest getting a team or search firm to embrace AI tools?
7. What do you see as the biggest benefits of using AI in the recruiting process?
8. Do you see AI assisting with eliminating bias in recruitment?